Repair Café International Foundation was founded on 2 March 2010 and is based in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands.
Repair Café International Foundation wants to make repair a part of the local community once again. It aims to maintain and spread repair expertise, and to promote social cohesion by bringing together neighbours from all walks of life and sets of motivations in the form of inspiring and accessible meetings.
The board consists of:
- Joanna van der Zanden (independent researcher/curator on the subject of repair) – Chair
- Louis Lodder (Repair Café organiser in the city of Papendrecht) – Secretary
- Bram Schuurman (trainer/coach, former entrepreneur in white goods) – Treasurer
- Joost Veldhuizen (repairer at Repair Café Houten) – Board member
The day-to-day management is done by Martine Postma.
Consultants of Repair Café International are Martijn Leusink and Tim Stok.
Repair Café International describes its activities and developments each year in an annual report in Dutch, with accompanying financial statements (jaarrekening). You can download these documents here:
- Annual report 2021 (web version, 1 MB)
- Annual report 2021 (print version, 1,5 MB)
- Financial statements 2021 (1 MB)
- Annual report 2020 (web version, 1 MB)
- Annual report 2020 (print version, 3,4 MB)
- Financial statements 2020 (1 MB)
- Financial statements 2019 (1 MB)
- Annual report 2019 (web version, 1,3 MB)
- Annual report 2019 (print version, 6 MB)
Older annual reports and financial statements can be requested from Repair Café International via info [at] repaircafe.org.
Repair Café International Foundation has been appointed by the Dutch tax authorities as a “Public Benefit Organisation” (Dutch: “Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling”, ANBI). This ANBI status makes it fiscally attractive for donors to support the foundation.
Chamber of Commerce
Repair Café International Foundation is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) with the number 34383930.